Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my #1 plug to determine TDC using the Kelly tool that she posted. I haven't put to tool together yet but I thought I'd post a picture of the plug after 2000 miles. The gap is at .035. I have a Pertronix Flamethrower III coil and Ignition module. The plug is an Autolite Platinum AP 45 in my 289, bored .040 over, 1.94" intake, 1.6" exhaust valves, on stock C4OE heads with threaded rocker studs and a Crane energizer cam with .456 lift exh/Int. 110 lobe sep, Autolite 4100 1.08 carb.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Insulator and electrodes look good to me. Also looks like oil control might not be real good?
No comment on the Washington cap.....

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Insulator and electrodes look good to me. Also looks like oil control might not be real good?
No comment on the Washington cap.....
I rebuilt the motor in 2010, and installed these plugs. I've lived overseas most of the year, Korea and now Germany. After break in of the motor and changing the oil after the first 500 miles I haven't added any oil. The engine ran rich until I rebuilt the carb with a kit that is impervious to ethanol in the gasoline and changed the primary jets.

Dodgers fan? :) If you are an Angels fan they got Rendon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts