Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting deeper into the cleaning of my 11,500 mile '68 original I bought three months ago that might have the original plugs and wires. Anyway to tell for sure? The plugs are Autolite BF42 Powertip. There was a slight surface rust on the hex nut portion, with less on the plugs in the rear of the block. The wires are Autolite which either are marked "1Q 68" or "2Q 68" also with the cylinder number stamped on the wire. It's a 289-2V. It still has the original belts, shocks, exhaust, hoses except for the top radiator which I've replaced with a proper repo, four rivets holding the upper ball joints, etc, etc. So I'm hoping the plugs and the wires are original too. Since the clamps that hold the gas filter in place are the tower type and look to be never touched, I believe the filter is original too.
The only items I've found so far not original are the tires (it has Atlas Power Cushion bias ply), the battery, (replaced now with Autolite repo), the radiator top hose, and the air and oil filters.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts