Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what carbs guys with big cubic strokers are running. Im looking to getting either a 850 speed demon or a 750 mighty demon or the old stand by a 750 holley dp. Plus any guess's on horsepower im about 3 months from this being reallity in my car. I can hardly wait. Ive been collecting parts now for 2 years
Here rest of combo
408 scat stroker kit with h beams
!0.5 roughly on compression
canfield heads mild clean up ferra valves com roller rockers
hooker supercomps 6208's
305 magnum comp cam
victor jr intake
3 inch exhaust
3200 stahl
389 gears

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I have a 410 cleveland stoker and run a street avenger 770.
When I had it dyno test and tuned, we had to major jet down the carb. I have 69 primary and 70 secondaries now. Which was a huge change from the out of the box carb.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
don't go any Bigger than a 750cfm. which ever carb you chose. Me myself, I like Demon carbs. Get that Vac secondary with an automatic. you will like it. YOu may have to jet it down tho. Once you learn how to play with the demons it is pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The best advice on which carb to get would be...contact the people at Barry Grant directly. That's what I did, since I'm thinking of swapping over to a Demon. You will need to give them a detailed as possible write up on the engine and what you want. They have a questionaire that is very detailed. I had a recommendation in my inbox the next morning...a Race Demon 750DR. Which is the one that I was actually looking at.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone i think i will give them a call and see what they say. A friend of mine told me to contact bigs carbs and see what they can do for me. He runs one and he swears by it i just dont know much about them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts