Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to realize that I just dont have the time or knowledge to finish dialing in my motor. It is a pretty well built 351 that needs some final tuning which I cant do at home because the flowmasters wake the dead not to mention my baby sleeping above the garage. "Note to self, next time build a seperate garage." Can anyone recommend a good wrench or speed shop anywhere in the midwest. Any help would be appreciated.
Ron

·
Registered
262 Posts
A friend told me that there is a guy in the Waukegan/Gurnee area that specializes in carburated engines and also a chassis dyno for tuning. I didn't ask the name, but it could be listed somewhere in the yellow pages.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone can find me the name of the shop in Waukegan/Gurnee I would appreciate it. Dyno would be nice too so I can see how much more power I need.
Must have more power!
Ron

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
One of the top engine building shops in the Midwest is Ted Borrowski's near Joliet. Ted has recently passed on but his shop is still up and running strong. His shop is responsible for builing probably half of the engines at Route 66, including the Pro cars. They have done work for me and several of my friends. I would highly recommend them and they won't break your wallet either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts