Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out where the speedo cable is suppoed to be ran, more specifically by the transmission crossmember. Also, i have seen some different retainer spots. I have an early 67' that uses a metal retainer on the LH fender apron, below the master cylinder, after the cable exits the firewall ( can't seem to find this clip in any parts books). But after that, its routing is a mystery. I'm running a 4 speed, so the gear is on the top passenger side of the tail housing. Is the cable ran on top of the crossmember? Below it? Are there supposed to be any retainers or clips there?

·
Registered
21,090 Posts
I just completed a C4 to 4 speed Toploader swap on my 66. On mine anyway, the cable goes under the cross member . There is a mirror image of the clip mounting hole on the RH side. As far as my 66, the cable leaves to pass compartment about the 11 o'clock position on the trans tunnel about an inch from the fire wall, it's a 7/8" hole. I know your 67 is different, just pointing out the 66 route

·
Registered
36,010 Posts
The crossmember clip is available new. There is also one on the firewall above the bellhousing, that's available, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts