Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a speedo gear for the C6 trany that has 21 teeth? I have changed me rear gears to 373 and have a 7 tooth speedo drive gear on the trany and need a 21 tooth speedo gear to go on the speedo cable to recalibrate the speedometer , but I can't seem to find one. Do they make such a beast.......

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
According to CJ Pony Parts Catolog, they carry a SG16 which is D0OZ-B (Purple) that has 21 teeth and is for a C6. Give them a call 800-888-6473

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
My understanding is Ford uses two types of speedo gears, Type 3 and Type 3A. These correspond to right or left hand rotation. Then there's a range of tooth configurations. Most are Ford gears but some with especially high numbers of teeth are aftermarket. 21 tooth gears are available in both types so you shouldn't have a problem getting one. The prices in NPD's catalog are: $6.41 and $7.23 respectively. Be sure to use a calculator to determine the number of teeth. There's one on http://www.hanlonmotorsports.com/t5speedo.asp

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bought a purple (21 tooth, $9.95) and a white (23 tooth, 15.95) from Steeda. Wasn't sure which drive gear I had so I bought both.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Are you sure you need a 21 tooth? I have the same set up on my 69 with 26 Dia. tires and it took a 20 tooth.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts