Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we auctually came up with alot more than had hoped for.

#1 First Issue was finding a way to blend it the lines of 4 inch flares better to R-model valence with spoiler first of all IMHO it looks killer that way but the lines could flow better but if you go to far you have a car that looks too new or Ricer or E. My car has the 4 Heavly molded Into the fenders allready with very good blend so our soulution will be too fill from where the bend is on side of front fender where there is that difintive turn down and fill gradully to flare than fill slightly between bottom front of flare into corner of spoiler about a 3 inch triangle piece. The car does not run a front bumper so all is exposed.

Second portion will be to change front wholes in spoiler to slighly larger round holes for turn signals which will be flush mounted LED's which will be mounted from back of spoiler and held with fluch billet ring. Than air holes for braking will be slightly inlarged as well and have small billet pieces running same as grill with black screening behind.

Second portion of spoiler will involve major enging compartment mods. One of my goals was to find a way to open the hood of car and not look down and have all the uglyness of hood hinge and raditatior surport etc.

So its all going to go, we are going to remove all the sheet metal radiator surport and front hindge etc and create a show plate that runs from eash side of fender too the other it will be about 4 wide and will cover raditor all over flow bottles Trans cooler etc under the plate it will be surported by steel tubing to not lose any of the intergety in fact should better. The frame will than go down side of radiotor and tie into bottom of raditor and bottom lip of spoiler and spoiler will be glassed into the bottom tube which will not be seen.

We have also decided to cut our back fire wall crimped pieces except where export brace attaches for a super clean look. Going to also try to cut shock towers back and box in engine compartment completly with no wires etc.

Also changed plan on door sill's original was to flatten out and than inlay piece of billet and do design of logo now we are going to make entire area flat and airbrush billet looking with painted in logo, will be cleaner looking and a bit easier.

Also final decison to fill cowell in and lose windsheild wiper knobs allready filled antenna hole leaving door handles, rain gutter allready gone.

All in all I think we got alot done now time to get it done and pay for it :horror:

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
I've thought about eliminating the drip rail on my FB, but I've been told some horror stories about the process. If you did that successfully, I'm sure you can pull off the rest of this. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just cut weld and smooth and smooth and smooth just like in those motor cycle build shows. I think the rest will be much harder but will see.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts