Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help identify/confirm if these are stock Mustang spindles or are they aftermarket? I'm getting ready to order a new brake kit and need to know if it's a stock mustang spindle. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Only thing I know is stock Mustang. All the other, MANY applications I have no idea of fit function. Why deviate from stock, excellent braking? Can't understand.
The many "will fit if" braking system are perplexing, Keep it simple.,

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I need to try to assist here.
You can indeed use the Granada brakes. They will function good on your classic. Just update them to all new components. This will provide good braking ability. Just remember to relate to the next person to own the car. IT HAS GRANADA BRAKES. Nothing else will fit.
Not one piece of Granada brakes are same a Mustang.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to try to assist here.
You can indeed use the Granada brakes. They will function good on your classic. Just update them to all new components. This will provide good braking ability. Just remember to relate to the next person to own the car. IT HAS GRANADA BRAKES. Nothing else will fit.
Not one piece of Granada brakes are same a Mustang.
Thank you, yes that was indeed helpful. The trouble is I have changed pads and calipers in the past to see if the issue I am experiencing will be solved. It did not. The issue I am having (the reason why I am considering a brake upgrade) is that the brakes start sticking after about running it for 45 mins. I know it's sticking because on a hill, the car does not roll back in neutral or when the clutch is engaged after about a 45 min ride. I thought it was the Granda brakes creating the issue. Not sure...

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
Inspect your flex lines carefully. If old and rubber they can provide pressure to the caliper but do not release that pressure because the rubber has collapsed internally.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Inspect your flex lines carefully. If old and rubber they can provide pressure to the caliper but do not release that pressure because the rubber has collapsed internally.
Thanks for this. Yeah, I had replaced the flex lines as well. I can't figure out why they get stuck. It's strange...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Have you jacked the car up to see which wheel/axle is holding it? Maybe take a infrared temp gun and see which one is warmer?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
More than likely the master cylinder is not returning fully. Return port is covered as fluid expands when it heats up.
Check to see if piston in master is returning back.
OR, if brakes are sticking, crack brake lines at master. If fluid spurt out, brakes release, you are then sure it is the master piston not being able to return, keeping hole covered.
Improper push rod adjustment/length/angle, on and on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More than likely the master cylinder is not returning fully. Return port is covered as fluid expands when it heats up.
Check to see if piston in master is returning back.
OR, if brakes are sticking, crack brake lines at master. If fluid spurt out, brakes release, you are then sure it is the master piston not being able to return, keeping hole covered.
Improper push rod adjustment/length/angle, on and on.
Man, I hope it is not the master cylinder. I bought the whole master cylinder and booster as a kit and have had some problems with it before (the booster was leaking air and had to send it back to Master Power). I had bought the entire kit so I would imagine that the rod adjustment and length would have been calibrated. But I guess I will check that as well. The kit was this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts