Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tryin to find the casting numbers on my front spindles. I can't seem to find them and I know the spindles are not original to my car. I have to make sure that I get the correct parts when I rebuild the front end. My car is 66 coupe but like I said does not have the originals.
Thanks.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Depending upon how clean they are- you may be able to read.....
Look on the upright part of the spindle, on the engine side.
Most Ford spindles have casting numbers about 6" down from the top.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GT.
They aren't that dirty. I figured I would have seen them but I'll take a closer look after hitting them with the wire wheel.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
As GT 289 has stated, the numbers will be on the motor side of the upper arm.

C5DA/C4za will be a V8 Mustang Spindle (Of Course 3108 is Driver, 3107 is Passenger).

If a C6OA it is 66 Fairlane, 67 Mustang, Fairlane, on and on through to 69 where it stops in the Drum Spindles.

If your Spindles have 5D--as the starting ID, Proceed to extracting, put Spindles back to back, stripping of course, Weld together, these Granada Spindles make GREAT Boat anchors.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chock,
Thanks. They are drum spindles but I need to know for sure what they are from. I'm going to wire wheel them this weekend as long as the temp gets out of the single digits, it was 10 below today and there is no way I'm going out to the garage. I'll let you guys know what I find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts