Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Im looking at upgrading my brakes and thinking spindles might be a good idea too.

Info on my car:
'68; 307ci 460ish hp. Sport style suspension.
Im looking at adding a Wilwood: 12.19" Dynapro 6-Piston Front Disc Brake Kit. With power boosted Wilwood Master Cylinder.

Will the Wilwood disc brakes bolt on with no mods?

Are the spindles proprietary to Street or
Track LLC suspension parts?

Can they be used with other companies components? (Such as TCP front coil-over and manual R&P steering) they're already on the car... (but could change over...maybe).

Thanks.

·
Vendor
5,253 Posts
The big spindles accept brake systems that bolt to the stock disc and drum spindles, just choose the correct spindle in the drop down menu. For steering, any steering that fits the stock spindles using a 70-73 Mustang outer tie rod will work.

Always good to think about adding strength. Think about the 1965-69 stock spindles. They are 50+ years old and were designed for skinny bias ply tires with old suspension. Now we have wider radial tires with better suspension options putting more loads onto that part.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So, my Total Control Products manual Rack and Pinion is for '64-70 Mustangs. Looks like TCP has tie-rods to convert the outter tie-rod to 70-73.
So, Im guessing that should work. Letting me run their R&P and SOT suspension and big spindles.

That being said, I guess if I do Wilwood brakes, I will need them for '70-73?

·
Vendor
5,253 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outer tie rods that fit a 70-73 Mustang will work, same for brakes.

This system would be a major upgrade to the kit you are considering. It works so well you won't need a booster - Street or Track 13x1.25" Rotor 4 Piston Forged Aluminum Caliper Brake System

@Shaun,
Will these brakes fit Foose Knuckle 17x7's with 4.5 backspacing?
Also, how will they work on power brakes a Wilwood M/C 1.12" bore?
Or do I need to go manual brakes?
This will require a pedal change from power to manual correct?

Any discounts coming up soon?

·
Vendor
5,253 Posts
@Shaun,
Will these brakes fit Foose Knuckle 17x7's with 4.5 backspacing?
Also, how will they work on power brakes a Wilwood M/C 1.12" bore?
Or do I need to go manual brakes?
This will require a pedal change from power to manual correct?

Any discounts coming up soon?
Should work with those wheels but you should double check with the free template available on that brake system page. Just print it out full scale, glue it to some cardboard, cut out the profile and spin it in the wheel.

They will work just fine on a power setup. Some prefer the manual setup for more pedal feel but its personal taste.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts