Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinion or experience with Spintech mufflers in mild modified 289 mustang. If so specifically what spin tech muffler model. (Currently running Dynomax Super turbo and want something a little more aggressive).

Thanks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm running Spintech on my Ranger and love it (engine specs in sig.). I think it sounds just as aggressive as the Flowmaster 40 but without the horrible drone. As far as the model, huh it's been years since I installed it. I'm pretty sure it 's the Sportsman.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I have the side exit and love them. It's different sound. I had the setup on my 94 cobra and when I switched to a T5 in my fastback, I was like let's see how they sounds on it. I'm running long tubes, DR. Gas x pipe.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have the Spintech Sportsman Street 3000 series. They are a different sound, but I really I like them, I think the sound is "crisper" than Flowmasters if that makes sense. You sure won't be sneaking up on anyone with these mufflers. :)

That being said, I get quite a few thumbs up on the sound.

Here are a couple of vids:

-Shannon

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
There is a bit of a drone at certain RPM's. Luckily, I have a 5-speed so it's not to bad on the highway.

Since I've never had a car with Flowmasters, I can't comment on how they perform, but the drone with those mufflers is legendary. :)

-Shannon

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'm sold! Sorry to hijack. I've been leaning towards spintech for a year or so to replace my F/M40's. Thanks LDL!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I had flowmasters on mine and hated the drone. It's was the biggest reason I kept the spin techs on my 65 and ordered another setup for my cobra lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
There is a bit of a drone at certain RPM's.

Really? I've never had a lick of drone in my truck. Might also be my exhaust configuration since I'm not running duals... That's good to know since I was planning on running them on my black '65 too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
flowmasters have such terrible drone but the sound is classic. never used spin tech so can't comment on drone, but my magnaflow turbo mufflers are amazing!! subtle at idle, but when you step on it boy do they open up, and actually make my 302 sound similar to a coyote 5.0.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts