Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been asked before, but I haven't seen a straight answer for the question "What components were in the 'Sports Appearance Group with Tape Stripe' for Mustangs in 1969 ?"

I just got my hands on a 1969 Limited Edition 600 Mustang and the Kevin Marti report tells me that it came with a "Sports Appearance Group with Tape Stripe" among other things. I've looked at the Limited Edition 600 webpage and it really doesn't give me a specific answer since some of the items listed as part of the Sports Appearance Group are actually part of the "visibility group" which my car also has.

My car has had many of the parts removed and I really want to put it back to original since its a special version. Any help I could get would be great.

I just got my hands on a 1969 Limited Edition 600 Mustang and the Kevin Marti report tells me that it came with a "Sports Appearance Group with Tape Stripe" among other things.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I imagine the mirrors were part of the Sports Appearance Group. According to ltd600's website, as well as his pics, the Limited 600 cars had chrome mirrors as standard equipment.

You can also see the tape stripe in the pictures of ltd600's car. Your best source of information regarding your car is probably to talk to him.

Congrats on the find!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Visability Group-(Includes left hand remote mirror, glovebox lock and lights in the luggage compartment, glovebox, and ashtray.Also includes parking brake warning light, underdash couresty light on hardtops and lighted ignition switch.)
Sports styled Interiors- The interior of the Mach 1 is accented by all-new highback bucket seats with comfortweave knitted vinyl inserts, a delux 3-spoke Rim Blow steering wheel, special carpeting with a red accent stripe on black interior trims, a floor console and simulated teakwood-grain trim on the consol, instument panel and door panels.Molded door trim panels with courtesy lamps, an electric clock and bright-trimmed pedal pads.
Hope this helps, it is from the Illustratraed facts book by California Mustang.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't been able to get ahold of LTD600 yet. He actually saw the car about a year ago and posted his findings on the VMF. Its been for sale for quite a while, I'm suprised nobody else picked it up.

I was hoping to get some information that was independent of his, though I'm sure that he is the best resource for Limited Editions 600's.

The buck tag has an "LP" on it that makes we wonder if it means "Louvered Panel" or "Limited Production". "Louvered Panel" sounds like something that would be in the Sports Appearance Group. The car has a 302, A/C and AM/FM stereo, which were not typical Limited Edition 600 options.

·
Registered
612 Posts
You know many, I am expecting to see the work progress posted on your website, just like your jade green model!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm pretty sure Charles Turner could tell you. Can't really think of anyone else right off hand.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
By the look of them, sports slats need holes in the roof to connect to. If the headliner is in bad shape, maybe you could look for filled in holes. If you ever get a definitive answer, please document it! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts