Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Spot welding with an Oxygen-Accetylene Rig

662 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Guest 
Good job Phil...
Next time you have the opportunity, try backing the acetylene pressure off to 5-7 psi and the oxygen to 12-15 psi and see what happens....

Coat hangers have been used for welding filler for as long as I can remember....as long as they're the plain wire ones...*G*...I have even used them with TIG when in a pinch in the field....

Good heads up on the cutting tools....good American made HSS or cobalt tooling is always what I suggest, especially when working with metal that has been slightly hardened by welding...
Yous gets what yous pays for....*G*

About the only down-side of the gas torch is the amount of heat it puts into the parts because the flame temp isn't as hot as an electric arc....but you controlled that well with the damp rags...

I know I don't have to remind you but for others, it's a good idea to have a fire extinguisher nearby when welding inside the car....not in the car but within easy reach...

Pat
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570936&a=11937754&p=42910787.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.