1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
i dont get it, what am i missing here

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Team Shelby is keeping a record of where those are spotted, ideally with VINs for future owners. I'm hoping to rent one in March for the 10th Anniversary Shelby Bash in Vegas, but no word on if they will still be available then.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've actually checked into renting one of these. I can rent one at the charlotte airport hertz for 24 hours for $230. Go in half with a friend and take turns driving it all day. That seems like $115 well spent with memories to last a lifetime.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,563 Posts
My wife and I did that back in 2007. We were in Charolette for a golf tornament for work and the rentented a regular convertible Mustang of which they were out of. So they upgraded us to the Hertz Shelby convertible for half the fee. Drove it to the Speedway where they were doing the Richard Petty driving school. So we did the three lap ride along. First time my wife had been around a NASCAR. Left there and drove to Ashville to visit the Biltmore Estate. Absolutely stunning. That was one hell of a trip and an awesome car to drive. We definitely got our money's worth.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I rented one of these for a week over the July 4th holidays. I managed to have enough points for the week so it only ended up costing me $30 plus gas. It was a lot of fun but I'm sorry to say the fit and finish wasn't up to par. The carbon fiber "wing" in front of the rear wheel fell off while driving on a hot day and I had trouble turning the car in because of this. It's only held on with sticky black bubble gum. The hood rubbed the cowl area and made a popping sound when you raise and lower the hood. I expected higher quality from such a limited production.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts