Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Spotted, Red 66 coupe with black roof: sitting sadly in a drive way near Owego - see photo below. Owner appears to be wasting the summer as the car appears inoperable since its stuck in the driveway. He appears to have the skills to have have had the car running weeks ago but no longer cares for the car. Thinking about making an offer on the car - what do you think its worth without a motor - I've seen it at autocrosses, it handles pretty good, think it has a couple of sets of wheels - what should I offer???

·
Registered
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Spotted, Red 66 coupe with black roof: sitting sadly in a drive way near Owego - see photo below. Owner appears to be wasting the summer as the car appears inoperable since its stuck in the driveway. He appears to have the skills to have have had the car running weeks ago but no longer cares for the car. Thinking about making an offer on the car - what do you think its worth without a motor - I've seen it at autocrosses, it handles pretty good, think it has a couple of sets of wheels - what should I offer???

Bugs me when people just let what used to be a pretty hot car just sit in a state of disrepair :crying: Like what about all those cars you see in the magazines you just know some where along the way some of them meet an ill fate. The guy is probably one of those "yeah I'm going to fix it up someday" types.Doubt he'll ever sell it though,But who knows? maybe behind that closed garage door he's building a secret power house motor to blow yer doors off at those autox's >:):wink:
As a side note I hope this heat wave/thunderstorms break pretty soon, It's hell trying to get anything done :|

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
As a side note I hope this heat wave/thunderstorms break pretty soon, It's hell trying to get anything done :|
Quitchya whining ya whimp and get busy - its only hot in the middle of the day - move it to the basement if you have to. Seneca Army Depot Air strip this weekend and your whining... I'll be drivin' - you'll never beat me with a shortblock in the garage - stop blogging and get busy!...

·
Registered
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Quitchya whining ya whimp and get busy - its only hot in the middle of the day - move it to the basement if you have to. Seneca Army Depot Air strip this weekend and your whining... I'll be drivin' - you'll never beat me with a shortblock in the garage - stop blogging and get busy!...
pretty sure I saw that guy doing an emergency waterpumpectomy on his Sons jeep the other day when it was 90 in the shade :notamused:
Have fun/good luck at Romulas

·
Registered
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My neighbor took his nice 66 convert out today for it's once a year time out of the garage

·
Registered
20,921 Posts

I dunno but unfortunately I won’t be able to help you move it with my trailer. The brakes aren’t working. Yeah that’s the ticket. I’ll be with my wife.... Morgan Fairchild, yeah that’s it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts