Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does the Spring Carlisle show have a good turnout for vintage mustangs? How about parts vendors for vintage mustangs? Should I just wait for the Ford Carlisle in June? I never took the trip out to Carlisle, PA and was wondering how this show is? Oh by the way, I finally got the clutch pedal spring in place---thanks to all the advise I got on VMF!

Thanks again,

Mike
'68 289 Mustang Coupe
'00 Chevy Silverado

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is definitely worth the trip. A couple concourse mustangs on display, some in great shape and some that have seen better days. Mustangs only represent 2 or 3 % of the cars there for show, but there are many many vendors and you will have a good chance of finding what your looking for.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If I had the choice I would wait for ford calisle. There is so little ford stuff and even less mustang stuff at spring and fall carlisle. And last year there were only a couple of the more local vendors

later
chip

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree with Chip's post. Way back (circa 1979) when there was only one Carlisle (fall) it was packed
with vintage Mustangs and Fords. The vendors were almost exclusively car parts too. Now there are 3-4
Carlisle events per year (only the Ford show will have very many Mustangs) and I estimate at least 40% of
the vendors aren't selling car parts (baseball cards, Pokemon, velvet Elvis posters, etc.). The only Carlisle
I attend now is the all-Ford show and even then I don't go every year.

-Matt

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will spend so much time trying to find mustang part vendors. If you want to see the other great cars, then you will like the event. It gets awful packed though. I live 10 miles away, and I am waiting until June. I can't handle the spring crowds.

P.S. - Don't wait till Sunday to go, every one leaves early.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vendor's that usually attend Spring Carlisle are Branda, CJ's, Perogies, Dad's and a few other small vendors.

68 Shelby GT500
70 Mach 1 351W

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two things I would add to all the other good info:

1. If you get bored, there's some stuff to do not awful far away (gettysburg, amish country, state college, etc).
2. June Carlisle can be a scorcher, so prepare accordingly; if your 'stang lacks air, you may want to bring something else (ask me how I know).

Visit my repair page for Repair info, with pictures! http://home.dencity.com/mustangcub

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've gone for the past 5 years and haven't been disappointed. Not many mustangs, but I think there are enough vendors and other interesting things to take up the day. i'd recommend it. But it is definitely more crowded than the June ford show.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
if u want mustang/ford only dont go///if u like anything and everything else go//if poss. friday is agood day//its not awful crowded and everthing is already there/2nd weekend upcoming for spring///take quarters for the bathrooms//gary s.

neverending

1 - 9 of 9 Posts