Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of urethane bushing spring perches . You can spin the center shaft assembly freely by hand. Would it be worth the time and effort to drill and tap the housing for a zerk fitting to apply grease from time to time. .
GC

·
Registered
37,647 Posts
I have a set of urethane bushing spring perches . You can spin the center shaft assembly freely by hand. Would it be worth the time and effort to drill and tap the housing for a zerk fitting to apply grease from time to time. .
GC
Probably not. Without providing a grease channel in either the bushing or the shaft the tendency is going to be for the grease to find the easiest path and, since the shaft doesn't rotate much to begin with it's doubtful you'll ever get full lubrication. Now, if you were going to spiral score the bushing and place the fitting in the middle, or drill the shaft down the center then across the middle it might get the job done.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
I have DIY Energy suspension poly spring perch bushings I just gave them a good shmear oh silicone grease and called it a day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts