Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my car on its tires with the complete Grab-a-track setup for the first time. It also has the Shelby drop. 4 leaf mid eye rear leafs and 620 front coils. The car has not had an alignment yet, but the front is about 1" higher than I would like it to be. Should I wait for the suspension and springs to settle a bit before I start cutting the coils? I know its a bad pic, but here it is outside for the first time in 7 months:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wait for it to settle out before going to the effort of cutting springs or anything; taking off inches is easy. But putting them back on can be expensive!

How long since the car's been rebuilt? Taken it out driving any to stress the suspension?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will wait and see how it looks after the alignment and I drive it for a while. So far it has moved about 10 feet backwards, then forwards again.

·
Registered
239 Posts
When you tightend the LCAs did you have the weight of the car on them or was the car on jack stands? This makes a difference. Also have you driven around the block yet?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
If your alignment is off significantly, it will make a BIG difference
in ride height.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from the alignment shop. The front is still a little higher than I would like, but I can live with it for now as I don't want to pay for another alignment after lowering.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey Beau, what specs did you align to? Also as asked by Campindog, did you have the weight of the car on the suspension before torquing down the lca's and the front eye of the rears? If not you could loosen them a little then bounce the car a couple of times, before re tightening them. It does make a difference! kip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts