Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, so when i look at rear suspension, i dont have the money to go 4 link or anything real radical. what shackles do yall reccomend? global west has those del-a-lum shackles that sound real good in print, but do they perform like they say?? or should i go with grab a track polyurethane shackles? (i havn't heard real good reviews about grab a track in the past so im hesatant about that).
global west comes with their own springs (again, that sound real good on paper), that lower the car an inch and are for street, strip and race, but i dont wanna beat my brains out on a bump, anyone have experiance with these?

thanks alot guys,
Preston

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Urethane can squeak.

Between rubber, urethane and Del-a-lum you probably won't notice any difference on the street. The springs, shocks and stabilizer bar are much, much more important in determining handling. Plus the rubber will ride better.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
So are the Del-A-Lum shackles really beneficial?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
My expeience is that anything other than rubber rears will be harsh if you drive a manual trans; I don't know about with an automatic trans. Squeaky, too. I tried poly in various combinations and went back to rubber. I did get heavier duty shackles that have two holes to fine tune rear ride height. I think that was from NPD but it has been a while. If you use a rear bar, you can buy greasable poly bushings for it. That actually works really well, mine don't squeak, front or rear. Good rubber will ride nicely and poly anti-sway bars bushings will help flatten your turns because they are stiffer.

·
Premium Member
14,220 Posts
Jim_Sams said:
So are the Del-A-Lum shackles really beneficial?
I'm using them. Mostly to get rid of all the rubber bushings I could in the suspension. If they are stiffer, it's not by much. The benefit is (supposed to be) less binding.

Z. Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts