Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there is a modern match for Springtime Yellow. I've made some marks in my paint and I'd like to get some touch up paint. Is there something close I can use? Both areas are not in highly visible areas so I'm not concerned about a perfect match.

Found this: Springtime Yellow

·
Registered
35,116 Posts
I don't know about your locale, but my local O'Reilly's will mix me up a "touch up bottle", about 2oz, for $15 or so.... an aerosol can of lacquer for around $25.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about your locale, but my local O'Reilly's will mix me up a "touch up bottle", about 2oz, for $15 or so.... an aerosol can of lacquer for around $25.
Thanks Bart. There's on O'Reilly's right near my office. I'll ask them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
O’Reilly’s sells paint?? I’ll have to check them out! Especially if they can do cans of lacquer. Thanks for the tip!
Rob

·
Premium Member
10,959 Posts
O’Reilly’s sells paint??
Not all O'R stores mix paint, maybe 10% or 20% of their stores do. If you want a can of "standard" paint your local store can have the closest store with paint mix it and send it to them. If you need a "custom" color you will have to go to the store that has paint.

·
Registered
34,953 Posts
Quite true. A good paint store can match what you have, even if it's "off" or faded.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
You can also get original colors from paintscratch.com. But again, does not take into consideration fading.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Not all O'R stores mix paint, maybe 10% or 20% of their stores do. If you want a can of "standard" paint your local store can have the closest store with paint mix it and send it to them. If you need a "custom" color you will have to go to the store that has paint.
They've got nearly 5,500 stores, so it's a relative rarity on the paint services.....
(these are the two most folks don't know about)--

Custom Paint Mixing
Collision repair professionals and do-it-yourselfers alike turn to O'Reilly Auto Parts AutoColor for unmatched quality and service. O'Reilly Auto Parts stocks industry-leading products such as 3M, Evercoat, Hutchins, Nason and Sata among others.
  • Over 500 O'Reilly AutoColor custom paint mixing locations across the US
  • A full line of automotive, custom, fleet and industrial paint
  • One of the nation's largest inventories of auto body equipment and supplies
Custom-Built Hydraulic Hoses
O'Reilly Auto Parts has over 1,300 locations that can custom-build hydraulic hoses. Whether you have a hay baler or a forklift, O'Reilly Auto Parts has hoses and fittings to help you complete the job.
  • 2 wire low-pressure, 4 wire high-pressure 1/4"- 3/4" and in several locations up to 1-1/4"
  • A full line of Gates fittings, hose and equipment to make or repair your own hoses
  • Hydraulic fluids in 1, 5 and 55-gallon quantities
  • Non-conductive hose and fluid available for specialty applications

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to my local store and they are a no go. The guy said your more likely to see O'Reilly stores that mix paint more up north from us.

Seems easy enough to order some on line and have it shipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts