Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw in a parts supplier magazine (maybe MustangsPlus?) that they make stainless strips that run along the edge of the fenders and radiator support to dress up the compartment. they were kinda pricey but i was curious if anyone here has purchased these yet? let me know, i would like pics.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
i bought them for my '68 coupe because i had solid aprons except for tops at leading and trailing edge of wheels thru up bad stuff and created couple cancers. it would have cost more to replace all aprons than the engine dress up kit. i bought mine couple years ago and had an ad from some magazine that mentioned them for about $250 and when i called to order they were $300. complained and they agreed to $260 i believe and really look great except i have a slight distaste for chrome in engine bay - only my personal opinion. could send you picture except i have them off while replacing headliner and windows now. i really like them in place of those chewed up tops. by the way, suggest you cut rusted metal out and shoot with Rust Encapsulant or POR.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
waste of money if you ask me, but to each their own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts