Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know a lot of people have installed a stainless overflow tank in their ride. I received mine yesterday (the 15"), and I just came back in from looking at my car.

From the pictures I have seen on VMF, most people have used a little spacer and mounted the overflow tank. The A/C condensor hose (I don't know if that's the proper name) is in the way, so I can't mount it this way. I do have a fan shroud, so I think I could mount it on the outside of the fan shroud, because that would give me enough space. Please see the picture below.

Any thoughts from anyone else w/ A/C who has installed the overflow tank? Pictures?

Thanks!
http://www.theneals.net/mustang/overflow-install-help.jpg

joe

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was able to mount my stainless tank on the shroud brackets (your option 2). Worked out fine, cleared the A/C lines and gave me more room to remove the cap. But I had to flatten out the 90 degree brackets that came in the kit to use them as a sort of extension.
Joe

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I mounted mine further over across the VR on the Radiator support. I used fan shroud bracktes to mount it away from the wall

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
i did the option #2 , works fine
i think i used flattened brackets
p.s. you can use more antifreeze keep topping off the radiator after cool down, i think i used an extra quart and a half plus of antifreeze, you can fill to the top of the radiator with an over flow tank installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts