Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I just imagine these or are they actually out there for a '66?
I've checked the usual suspects and don't see them. I hope they would be much brighter.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
I haven't seen stainless rockers, which would be great, but stainless door sills in addition to the stainless accessory door sills are now available. NPD site said they had waves in them "to be expected" with stamped metal that thick.

·
Registered
35,852 Posts
Did I just imagine these or are they actually out there for a '66?
I've checked the usual suspects and don't see them. I hope they would be much brighter.
Don't see any yet, just the "as original" stamped aluminum. Have you explored polishing a set of them and clear-coating? Another option might be a mylar wrap on a set of repros....

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Yes. You imagined them. Never made anywhere.

They are all made of stamped Aluminum....or Aluminium if you live across the pond....lol..

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I was thinking of the door sills then.

With my soon to be fresh dark color I really want to play up the bright work. Plus like most of our "fancier than OE" stuff even if its 2-3X the original price its usually doable.(lol, 4X and I might have balked though)

I might call NPD soon and ask them to compare their NOS inventory with the repops.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
I think the reproductions I put on my 66 in 1995 have held up remarkably on an oft-driven car. They seem to be identical to the OE, just don't have as many scratches haha

·
Registered
35,835 Posts
One or two suppliers have talked about stainless rocker mouldings, but none has ever appeared. Installing the softer than OE repros is the only alternative. With care, they work OK. NOS would be better, of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts