Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 65 2+2 has a Stam-Bar 5/8" rear bar on it and I was looking to upgrade to their 3/4" rear bar but I am going to guess that they are out of business since I can't find anything for sale by them anymore ?

Does anyone know if they are/aren't still operating or who might have what I am looking for ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
My 65 2+2 has a Stam-Bar 5/8" rear bar on it and I was looking to upgrade to their 3/4" rear bar but I am going to guess that they are out of business since I can't find anything for sale by them anymore ?

Does anyone know if they are/aren't still operating or who might have what I am looking for ?

Thanks
I apologize up front, but, want to insure you know what you're getting into........What is the DIA. of the front bar?

I run a 1" front and a 5/8" in the rear and my handling is very flat with no signs of oversteer in "brisk twisties".
One has to be careful to not induce oversteer, unless, you're seeking it for the "pucker" factor. LOL!

·
Registered
8,384 Posts

Thanks
Don't know for sure but that 1" front from Opentracker looks very
"stam-bar." Can't find much on the net with that search word.

The original guy was Bruce Stambaugh. He had it until roughly 1997 and was having
health issues..... sold it to Randy "something", who had it in 2007 but I think it's
maybe under a different owner now?

You will get oversteer in a massive amount with a 3/4" rear bar, adjustable or not.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think so. Mine has spherical rod ends for the linkage instead of flat aluminum bars but everything else looks the same. Thanks.

I apologize up front, but, want to insure you know what you're getting into........What is the DIA. of the front bar?

I run a 1" front and a 5/8" in the rear and my handling is very flat with no signs of oversteer in "brisk twisties".
One has to be careful to not induce oversteer, unless, you're seeking it for the "pucker" factor. LOL!
I presently have the Stam-Bar 1" front also. While I am fairly happy with how the car handles with these, I'd still like to give the 3/4" rear a try.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have a new in box 3/4" adj. rear for sale on Ebay.I'll sell for lss to VMF family. It's alsolisted here as part og pkg, sale 67 parts. PM for pricing & pic's.
Joe B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts