Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.stampedetodearborn.com

MCA National August 8-10.....
I'm halfway considering it. 800 miles each way (and a SWMBO who is objecting!).

They DO have a 65/66 Shelby CLONE Class! How cool is that??? :: That alone is half my reason for even considering it! :: That's a LONG trip though! ::

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I would like to go, but I don't think I can have the motor back in and broken in soon enough. Plus, that is a long trip, even though Im just in Indiana.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Wow... sounds nifty but there's just no way!

Cloney, you and I need to PLAN NOW to drive to the 40th in Nashville next April!!!! I'm going for sure and I need someone to come along and help fix my car as it breaks down en route :p

-bob

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure they'd let you in the clone class! :: :: ::

Nashville sounds gound! I've been thinking about it already. Had wondered about joining up with Mustangs Across America in Mustang, OK on Tuesday 4/13/2004, and going from there....

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Long trip? Naw, I'm traveling to the Grand National in Augusta, 1,900 miles one way. Now that's a long trip! ;)

Go for it and have fun!

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I thought about that too... but talk about out of the way!!! We'd be going all day south when we could make it to Nashville in a day from KC...

-bob

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Not this trip, but next year I'll be driving my fastback from Tucson to Nashville--that's even farther. My coupe has made enough trips driving across country from Michigan to Arizona, he's earned his trailer ride. ::

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nick and I are thinking about going on the 9th. Location is not a problem... its about 45 minutes away :: Take care, Dawn

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I recently turned 260K on the clone. Done over 3000 miles in it since the first of June.

Saturday's show and cruise night covered 160 miles in 102* temp with 40%+ humidity... Makes you think twice about 1600 mile trips in August!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I'm going and taking Redo-Blue (the 65 GT coupe). No AC. 800 miles. We're leaving on Wed. the 6th and going about 600 miles. Then the rest on Thursday.

Comon Cloney! Let's go. We've got 6 or 7 cars going. I think I'm the only vintage non trailered car. Let me know, we'll be meeting in Kearney at 6:45 AM to go with the rest of the group.....

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
But remember that here in Michigan the highs are only in the low 80's and it still cools down to hi 50's or low 60's.....Very bearable.

Now, there is the Shelby Club show at Ford World Hq's next Sunday, August 3rd......We do have a class for Clones, of course! I am the event co-ordinator for the SAAC show. You then stay over the week and go to the Stampede the following weekend............

Gary........::
(Hmmmmmm, I wonder which car I'll be taking......I KNOW!!!! The white one with the blue stripes)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I'm going but only to tour the Dearborn Plant. A friend of mine has an extra ticket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts