Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm back. Been busy with the boat and poker runs. I ran across a 66 fastback with a Mustang II front suspension. I was wondering how they handled and if it could be used for AutoX. Or is it a waste of time ? Would open track events be out of the question?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
In theory, the long, short arm with coil overs should be better for handling. You should have a much better control of the camber curve and less flex but only one way to really find out! My track car has 4 wheel independent long, short arm with coil overs and very adjustable. I just love it. Would like to incorporate the same type of suspension in my Mustang some day.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well, it kinda depends. If it's just a stock MII suspension, well.. I imagine it would handle somewhat like a V8 Mustang 2...

Now then, if it's something like the r&c kit... it will have coilovers (this is a good thing), it will have power disc brakes (very good thing), and it will also probably have power rack and pinion (awesome.)...

These coupled together, along with the fact that coilovers are adjustable to fit you needs, pretty much means that you could make that car an autox or open track monster. You have the parts there, it's just a matter of getting it correctly set up. Isn't that always the issue with mustangs though?

-M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts