Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the car to my place a couple of weeks ago (thanks to my brother and nephew!). Started digging around on it tonight. It's not horrible, frame rails appear ok for the most part, but the front floor pans are bad along with the usual quarter panel issues and wheel houses. Taillight panel is pretty bad. I can handle mechanical stuff and I'm a decent woodworker and carpenter, but I've never done bodywork so we'll see how things go. Plan is to just take it slow and hopefully have it be a fun hobby. I've been doing a lot of research and watching how-to videos over the past year in preparation.

I know we all like pics, so here are a few to start...

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks like you're into at least some torque box repair if not replacement on the drivers side. I would bet once you pull the floor up you'll find rot on the top of it. Welcome to the club, take it slow, have fun and when you get frustrated just walk away for a day. Remember, it's not a race like you see on some of these TV shows.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Typical rust areas for a 69. The 69 torque boxes rusted from the inside out because they weren't painted/protected. The tail light area rusted because the gaskets around the lights dried up and let water in to your trunk. That water accumulates in the quarter panel drop off areas. You probably have rust in the corners of your doors and possibly the front of your quarters depending upon how well that foam weatherstripping around the quarter windows held up.

david

1 - 4 of 4 Posts