Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've started this winters project, not as envolved as last winters so I should get a full spring and summer of driving in '08'.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2518000-2518999/2518126_130_full.jpg

More pictures on my CarDomain page.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Looking good so far. You may want to trial fit your gas filler pipe. I've had trouble in the past with opening being too tight on repo tail panels. its a good thing to find out before you paint it.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
looks nice, I wish I could weld

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
janschutz said:
looks nice, I wish I could weld
You can. You just don't know it yet.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm still test fitting the panel and the other pieces that are being replaced.

janschutz It's not hard to learn, you just have to pratice and pratice somemore and pratice somemore, it's that simple.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You might want to fit the deck lid on as well before you final weld. Just to be sure.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Larry G said:
70_Fastback Time for another project?
Oh, I've got one - it's the red '65 in my sig below. Just wiating to get my '70 back from the painter and get it reassembled before I start cutting into the '65.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Oh crap.. is it already winter project time? :( Where did my summer go?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hers in the midwest it is. It's not snowing yet (Michigan, southeastern) and we could still be driving our Mustangs but I want to get as much started and finished before it gets bitterly cold. The sooner I get it finished the sooner it will be back on the road when the weather breaks in the spring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts