Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a used FiTech. I am going to attempt the installation today on my 65. I have gone over the instructions pretty thoroughly and have a good idea of what I am doing. My main question has to do with the supply and return lines. I have an inline fuel pump that is capable of supplying the required 58 psi of pressure that I will be installing. It has 3/8 input and outlets on it. I am thinking that I will just install a new sending unit with 3/8 output to match the size of the pump. Then instead of my 5/16 supply line I will use my recently installed return 3/8 return line as the supply and 5/16 as the return. Any reason that this wouldn't work. I can't see anything wrong, but thought maybe some here would have some advice.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Can`t say for sure BUT that seems to be the accepted practice

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have the FiTech and don't see why the lines wouldn't work. I would also install a separate ground wire from the base of the FiTech to the battery ground. It is a computer afterall and if it doesn't have a really good ground you'll have issues. Make sure the O2 sensor is no more than 18" from the exhaust ports otherwise you'll get bad readings and the car won't idle correctly.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it all installed. Was trying to start it last night and it wouldn't start. After about an hour I realized that I forgot to put gas back into the tank after installing the new pump. Lol. Its amazing the difference a little gas will make. Anyway, it's up an running and seems to be working well.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I hope it works well for you (y)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Was trying to start it last night and it wouldn't start. After about an hour I realized that I forgot to put gas back into the tank after installing the new pump. Lol. Its amazing the difference a little gas will make.
That's why I am starting to take memory pills. LOL :)

Attached are some mixed up notes that I copied and pasted into a file. They are not organized but might help with tuning.

Attachments

Reactions: rusty1161

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Thanks for sharing these notes.

Rusty

That's why I am starting to take memory pills. LOL :)

Attached are some mixed up notes that I copied and pasted into a file. They are not organized but might help with tuning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts