Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my car to run bought in order to do it yiu have to take the postive battery cable of battery put a hammer on the battery post and put the cable on hammer then it will start is this the solenoid or the wires to soleniold ? becasue if you try to start it regulary it wont do anything at all not even turn over thanks

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
if all your wiring is correct to jump start a mustang you short the solenoid terminal that the plus battery cable attaches to with the next closest terminal and that will engage the starter. if that small terminal is not being energized your wiring or ignition switch is bad. wes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kindly check out the battery terminals whether it is corroded or not, if necessary then clean the terminals with baking soda and wetting them with water, it still problem is not solved then check the voltage with the help of voltmeter.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
well i put new wiring in it but is one supposed to psitve and negative to the starter solienoid
You posts are really hard to follow, but the heavy battery cable on both sides of the solenoid are positive. The solenoid just acts like an on/off switch and one of the small leads on the front triggers the switch or solenoid to turn on or off. So if you can take something and jump between the two heavy posts on the sides of the solenoid and your car turns over, you have something hooked up wrong or other problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts