Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have Hagerty and have had an actual claim with them. Got hail damage on my '66; a number of sizable dents on the hood, roof, and trunk. We discussed with the adjustor that the dents will have to be removed and the entire car repainted because the color wouldn't otherwise match. Adjustor said they'd do whatever necessary to make the car good. I went to the exact place I wanted to take it, had the body guy contact the adjustor - who then signed off on it and we received a check within 6 days. Cost to repair was almost half the agreed upon value and we had no problem at all getting them sign off on it.
That's great to hear, I hope to never need them tho!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I’ve had State Farm all my life daily drivers, house , 2 Harley’s and 5 classic cars, figured even if Hagerty was $100 more it wasn’t worth it, got a quote on the 4 fastback and 70 SS, over $800 cheaper than state farm
With agreed value,another $80 once I do my driver safety course, thanks everyone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the responses. The more I think about it, the more I am sliding State Farm to the side. I mean I want to enjoy the car a little and cruise around town on nice weekends without having to worry. I probably wouldn't put more than 2000 miles per year on it. Looking at Hagerty currently.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts