Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was hookin up my electric choke and planned to hook it to the stator terminal of my alt(1G), but with the alt installed, I couldn't read the back of it. Skinnyways, I think the terminal with a black ring around it(as opposed to the one with the red ring and the other with a white) and that is closest to the dipstick is the stator terminal, am I right?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to confirm, it's the very top terminal?

·
Premium Member
19,235 Posts
Be careful: not all alternators have their terminals in the same locations. Each alternator have their terminals clearly marked, however.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well mine is identical to the one in that picture. So is that top terminal the stator?

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Is this an Edlebrock electric choke setup? If so they do not recommend hooking up to the ALT.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
That terminal is labeled stator, so if it is identical to yours -- don't know why it wouldn't be.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a Holley Avenger. I'm sure you can hook up an Edelbrock to the alt, my guess is they're possibly worried about voltage fluctuations frying the choke.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
If you are running an MSD ignition box and dizzy, the factory wire to the coil is not used. This wire can be used as a keyed 12v source to an electric choke. A bullet connector can be purchased that fits right into the factory connector on the end of the wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts