Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I took my motorcycle writing test and passed. Purchase a 1980 XL 250 duel sport yamaha. I can ride it on or off the road , even sidewalks. ;)

Start small and work up.

Anyone else have a small puddle jumper?

Troy

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Congrats Troy!

In all seriousness, take it real easy on that bike on the street till you've got some experience under your belt. You WILL go down at some point, so prepare for it. Buy good protective gear (good helmet and leather with body armor), and by all means enroll in as many motorcycle safety and riding courses as you can fit in. There's SO much more to riding safely than is apparent to newbies. A HUGE percentage of motorcycle accidents involve new riders. I know I "touched down" a few times as I was learning, but then again I was a stupid 17 year old at the time.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
66CoupeNW said:
Congrats Troy!

I know I "touched down" a few times as I was learning, but then again I was a stupid 17 year old at the time.
So......what's your excuse now?...... ;)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ken_schall said:
So......what's your excuse now?...... ;)
Yeah, I figured one of you smartasses would jump on that one pretty quick.

The moral of that story is, even experienced riders go down! Moral #2: had I had the appropriate riding gear on my sternum would have stayed in one piece.

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The next riding classes is in Sept. I use to motocross when I was younger. Have some experience. A friend of mine has his license and we will ride together.

Start small and work up. :) Slow and safe!

I figure I can get some practice kicking Bri's new bucket and Daniels red and white cooler around. Oh I mean use them as cones. :lol: ;)

Troy

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I did miss 3 out of 23 on the test. It is a Yamaha XT250 1980 not XL.

My other friend just purchased a 72 DT2 enduro 250 out of Vegas. Both bikes coming in on transport July sometime.

Did not think $250.00 from Mesa ,AZ to Hermiston,Or was to bad on transport.

Troy

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
4280 said:
Come here doggie, I have a new AK I need to practice with. Zig Zag for me....
Not now Troy Otis....I'm on vacation. http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/images/graemlins/pissed.gif

http://www.ppdbillet.com/69%20Mach%201/funpics/dog-on-vacation.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts