Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 200ci with the Holley 2bbl carburetor. This mod uses an adapter which situates the carburetor in the correct direction for the linkage and also raises it in order to clear the valve cover. I need a little more clearance because I think the air cleaner makes complete contact with the hood when closed. A new hood is my last resort but I would like to research my options. I don't think I want to go through the hassle of a fiberglass hood because I hear there is a lot of prep work involved.

Would I be able to save money by buying a repro steel hood and attaching a hood scoop to it (Instead of paying $600 for a complete hood)? Besides bolting the scoop on, how are they attached (bondo, fiberglass?)?

How would a 65 coupe look with a flat black hood? Anyone have pictures?

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I had a custom steel hood scoop installed on my 67. All told, it was not cheaper to weld on a scoop compared to making a fiberglass hood fit correctly. If I were to do it over again, I'd look into body panel adhesive, instead of welding.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The more I look into this the more impractical the whole idea seems. I don't think a flat black hood is going to look right on an otherwise stock exterior for the 65-66 cars.

I'd still like to see pictures of hood scoops on the 65-66 body style. Radical or simple...please post them. :thumbsup:

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts