Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the inner fender panel in this past weekend, next weekend the rebuilt steering box goes in. Thinking about replacing the pitman arm and idler arm with the quick steering kit. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the extra cost or should I just replace with the stock parts. 1970 fastback with manual steering, 302.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Well, the steering stuff can be done later. So, in my case (putting things back together) I am putting things together. In my list of things to do (to get the car back on the road), I asterisked the items that I would do if I had the time. guess what? They are on hold, for antoher time.

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Are you refering to the Shelby Quick Steering kit? I believe that fits the '65/'66s only. The later cars had larger sector shafts and I think the arms are shaped differnetly too. What you might try to do is find a power steering steering box to swap in but leave the manual drag link and everything else in place. I think the p/s boxes were still different ratios from manual steering boxes in '70.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts