Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m new to this forum,
I have a 1965 mustang that I installed the ifs suspension. I’m at the point of setting up the steering on the car and would like to know what steering column and steering joints you guys are running on this set up.
Thank you

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Hi guys I’m new to this forum,
I have a 1965 mustang that I installed the ifs suspension. I’m at the point of setting up the steering on the car and would like to know what steering column and steering joints you guys are running on this set up.
Thank you
I think it might be helpful to mention the brand of the IFS you are using AND the engine you will be installing. A small block vs big block vs Coyote can make some determination of the linkage.

I am running an IDIT column in my build. I talked to several guys that had much more experience than myself and they steered me away from Flaming River.

·
Administrator
19,443 Posts
And some folks will note the the bone stock suspension from the factory is in fact an "IFS". So people do in fact need clarification as to exactly what you've done and what parts you are using.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I apologize, so for clarification i installed an IFS front end suspension kit from speedway motors, it’s manual steering with coilovers and I will have a 347. I was looking into the iditit columns, but was also looking at the speedway motors Columns but they come with a gm wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts