Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the second post; I am reassembling my new v8 suspension and realized I didn't mark my steering stops for left and right side. Is it possible somebody can post a picture of which side is which? I have seen some pictures bu they don't seem to be lining up to the V8 spindles. Thank you!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Did you also procure V8 spindle stops? I could be wrong but I think that they're different from I6 to V8.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't gotten the v8 ones, I have read mixed comments on them being the same or being different. It sounds like people have been successful in using the same stops with v8 spindles which makes me think I have them on wrong.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Imagine that. I just ran across an old 2013 post by Dan at Chockostang and apparently, you can use I6 steering stops on a V8 conversion in a pinch, as long as you use original Mustang V8 spindles (not Granada spindles). I recall that when I had both sets in-hand (I6 and V8) they were slightly different... Unfortunately, I can't take pictures to show you how they're installed. Hopefully, somebody here can direct you.

For information purposes, a picture of the stops:

·
Registered
36,620 Posts
Would you settle for a Falcon photo?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts