Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Repro steering wheel from Mustangs Unlimited. It is Parchment colored, However the color doesn’t match the other Parchment interior pieces I have (paint, arm rests, upholstery etc.). The other parchment components are a nice, light beige color, they are all new, including paint, so they haven’t faded yet. The wheel is sort of darker tan, kind of mustard like, hard to explain.

My question is, is this what the wheel should look like? Is it darker b/c it’s a hard plastic? Or is it just another poorly made Repro part? I think it would really stand out if I installed it. So I wonder if I should sent it back and try another dealer.

Any of you have parchment interiors? How does the color of your wheel match the other interior components?

Also, what about painting my current black wheel? Will the paint just come off on my hands eventually from wear?

Thanks
DAVE
66 coupe
MCA# 48565

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I seem to recall the stock blue steering wheel in my previous '65 FB was a lighr blue than the dash, door, steering column, seats and arm rest pads. I think the Ivy gold steering wheel in my dad's '65 coupe is different color than the rest of the interior also - although the carpet doesn't count since it's faded.

Hope some one can tell us for sure.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can you get a NOS Parchment Colored Steering Wheel. I have not seen any around in the mags. And certainly not for $150-200. I paid $150 for the mis-colored repro. I'll send it back in a heart beat, if I can get a NOS one for under $200.

Dave

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
The steering wheel in the Parchment interior of our 67 matches pretty darn close... then again it's the original wheel and not a repro.

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts