Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine recently sold his 66 vert GT replica for $10,000. I had never looked at the car in detail but it easily seemed worth that. He cited he was tired of living the stereotype of the old fat guy with the classic Mustang.

Does the stereotype fit? Would this drive anyone else to selling their car?

It might be interesting to have a poll to find out the average age and weight of the owners of each year of classic Mustang.

Kevin

·
Registered
657 Posts
If they start "profiling" that, I am probably in trouble....

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
It doesnt fit me.I know some fine looking women who drive vintage Stangs too.

·
Registered
10,137 Posts
Hell no.

I am 46 which I guess qualifies me for being on the old side but I have owned my 65 since I was a young guy and will never sell it.

Besides, since I lost 30 pounds I am no longer fat /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Old, fat and bald? yuch!!!

Now I am debonair, svelte and distinquished /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I think that stereotype would arise with any late-50s to early-70s vintage car, with a Boomer trying to recapture their youth. Couple that with the stereotypical image of someone who works on their own car, and you get "old and fat".

Point is, I don't think the stereotype would be limited to Mustangs, and I don't think it fits particularly well anyway.

Steve

PS: 36, 5'11", 180lbs. Not particularly old or fat.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Gong....Thank you for playing...

34 years old, relatively still trim.....

Current 65 mustang build 2 years before my birth.....

·
Registered
967 Posts
At 29 I do not think I fall into the old category (since the car is older than me) and yeah I could use to lose a few pounds. But I wouldn't call myself fat cause my little 95lb grandma always called me solid./forums/images/icons/wink.gif Maybe she was just being nice.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Would that be as opposed to being young, skinny, stupid and driving a Ricer that looks like it cruised through Pep Boys with a huge magnet ?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Yeah?!!! So what? At least I have a Mustang. NaNaNaNaaaaaaNA!
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
oh , I'm 40, 6'4" and weigh in at 250lbs.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Classic "Chicken and Egg" Do I drive a Mustang because I am old and fat, or am I old and fat because I drive a Mustang?"

J. Boggs

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I don't see that stereotype fitting well... Of course, my Mustang is almost double my age, lol.

19, 6'1", 184 pounds, active in baseball and soccer

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Forty years old, six feet tall, 192 pounds, 32 inch waist, and 46 inch chest. I don't fit in the coupes very well, but a convert is fine.

John Harvey

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
34 Years old, 34-24-34, 5'4", 118lbs...Oh, wait,I was thinking of my wife...I think I'll go home for lunch today.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Geez, I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Let's see, 6 feet tall, 256 lbs, 54 inch chest, 40 inch waist...yep, I guess I do fit the stereotype but I still have all my hair and 4 wives and 4 girlfriends...wait, too much information! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
D

1 - 20 of 65 Posts