Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at export braces and see some with even spaced holes, some with odd spaced. Is there a difference, or do I need to drill holes to match? Mine are the odd spaced on a January 65 car. What is a good brand? Also, does anyone make a Monte Carlo bar that works with a 6 cylinder? All I have seen are straight or curved for V8 cars. I have also seen a fancy set-up that has adjustable bars from firewall to shock tower, a straight bar across close to the radiator and 2 angled bars from shock towers to the front cross bar. Nice, but expensive.

I have done a search and read those posts. Still have questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
961 Posts
The 4 evenly spaced holes are for a Shelby, you would need the other one. I bought the Scott Drake one from CJ's it's a little higher in price, but is stronger than most and fit very well.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Stiffen

1 regular export brace
1 1" sway bar
4 KYB shocks
Forget the Monte Carlo bar- the export brace does the job and the bar just gets in the way. Besides, you have to drill holes in the inner fender for it!
Did this with a lot of early mustangs and my 68 6 cyl convert and it improves every one.
Anything else is just a lot of $$$ wasted unless you intend to race or motocross it!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Weld on subframe connectors will also make a noticeable difference. No terribly expensive. A good Mustang shop shouldn't charge a lot to weld them up for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts