Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Still contemplating paint color

724 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bswor 
#1 ·
I'll be finally getting my car painted within the next two months. But i still cant decide on the paint color. I would like a red metallic but still have not found that "one". So im open to any suggestions and any color.

#4 ·
I went through the same thing a few years ago. I ended up choosing a 92 Toyota truck color. It is a metallic pearl burgandy. It is a base coat/clear coat system.

Many of the really vibrant or candy red colors require multi color basecoat layers. I avoided that in fear of matching the color for touchups or repairs.

I looked mostly at other cars to find a color that I liked. I then had to imagine how it would look on a Mustang. Choosing only from a paint chip in a book is a risky proposition.

Good Luck

#7 ·
if you aren't too hung up on factory colors, House of Kolor is probably THE most used product with the top painters in the country - just ask guys like Trepanier and Foose. Check out their website and remember, many, many variations can be obtained by using different bases, (ie white, silver, gold, etc). Their product is actually very easy to use (basecoat, clearcoat) and certainly would make your stang stand out from the rest....

randy

#8 ·
Yeh im not to big on factory colors. Looking for something that stands out from the rest of the crowd. But i dunno if ima get what im looking for in a red metallic. Maybe with some pearl and ghost flames possibly. I have to see what my paint/body guy thinks. Now if i could just find some examples of HOK paintjobs on actual vehicles :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.