Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

Recently I considered buying a NEW set of 289 HIPO exhaust manifolds from a parts catalogue. They were well over $200. The other day while browsing EBay I saw used Ford exhaust maniofolds that LOOKED like the 289 "hipo" version, but they were from different 302 models. Some started with the letter "D" meaning they were form the 70's. I don't care about numbers matching, and I was glad to see these were more in my price range.

My question is this: I don't want headers. WHat should I look for? Were there "stock" exhaust manifolds that fit 289/302/351W that breate/perform COMPARABLE to the 289 "Hipo" manifolds? What numbers should I be looking for? What should I avoid?

Thank you in advance!

Bill

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Bill (don't know if you have already) you might want to post this over in the general area. More eyes will see it and the question is more a modification than a concours one.

Just a thought ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts