Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to everyone who responded so kindly to my previous post. I want to clarify that I didn't have a whole lot to do with the project. My Mustang club donated a few things, but the main dudes that worked on the car are actually hot rodders and more Chebby fans than Ford. But they knew George loved the Cougar and were willing to do whatever it took to fix the poor cat.
The "kidnapped kitty" was reunited with it's tearful owners last night.
George and his wife Paula were busy working the luau. Greeting friends, setting up tables, serving food, readying the raffle prizes etc.
When everyone was almost finished eating a police car entered the park with its lights flashing and siren blaring. The very serious officer asked to see George telling him his car had been involved in suspicious activity. George and Paula were put in the back seat and driven away.
After they were out of sight, we were rounded up and directed to a pavilion across the park. The pavilion had closed roll-up garage type doors everyone entered it from the south and surrounded the car which was inside. The police officer brought George and Paula back from the north so they couldn't see us inside. They rolled up the garage door and surprised George and Paula.
It was awesome! Everyone was choking back tears. There was a lot of goose pimpley flesh in the crowd.

Dumb me was in such an excited rush to get to the luau, I forgot my camera. I've arranged to get a disk with pictures of the car before, in process and after. I'll post them in a day or two.

Here's a clip from the local TV news.

J.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Criminy, crying like a baby. You guys are the awesomest.

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
That's totally awesome, Joyce! ::

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Very cool. Anybody who wants to see the car, just watch the video clip of the story. The link is near the top. It looks really good, can't wait to see a bunch of still pictures of it.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a scan of the dash card everyone at the luau received last night.
The little picture of the guy with a camera under the palm tree is what is air brushed on the side of the car behind the side window.
They have a personalize plate which says "Vi De Os"

http://www.hometown.aol.com/epperstang/images/luau.jpg

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
awesome ::

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
God I hate gettin the "tear's" at work. That is just too cool.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Simply awesome! Thanks for the update Joyce! What a terrific story.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You know, this week I got seriously screwed over by 2 people I really trusted. Just when Ive lost all faith in humanity its people like this that restore it. That was a truly wonderful thing you guys did. On another note, anyone know what the name of that green is? My car needs a new paint job :p

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
awesome!!! it good to read some good news :0) great thing yall did :0)

·
Registered
952 Posts
I can without a doubt confirm George is a great guy. probably one of the easiest going people I have ever met. Joyce,I wish I could have been there but Monday nights....

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Does anyone want to "steal" my car ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Does anyone want to "steal" my car ;) ;) great job, guys!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts