Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
That sucks. Hopefully they catch the crooks and the car is returned in one piece.

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
Every Mustang owner's nightmare...
So sorry.
On behalf of law enforcement professionals everywhere, WE DO look for owners' stolen cars and we take great pride in returning them in the best condition and as soon as possible. I hope his is found soon.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Well, it won't be hard to spot. Now that the word is out to all of us in the Mustang family, you have thousands more eyes looking out for it. Get as much exposure as you can on Social Media.
I shared the post on my FB page. I'm in Massachusetts, but I have quite a few friends in CA.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Well that certainly sucks. Echo Park is not East LA, but there's gotta be plenty of chop shops in East LA to be looking for it there.

·
Registered
9,041 Posts
Bummer... Good Luck in your search. My condolences... Notify the L.A. Port Authority... That's what I'd do. Tony K.

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
So sorry to hear that, hope you can drive her very soon.

Josep

·
Registered
10,099 Posts
Thieves seem to be on a streak right now. My neighbor's truck disappeared late on Saturday and they (fortunately) got it back
yesterday. It was in LA, 40 miles away. That particular crook is behind bars now,

Reactions: Boss5Oh

·
Registered
786 Posts
We'll keep an eye out.

What's the VIN? The license plate was removed within an hour of the theft. The car will be repainted and listed on Craigslist within a week. So we need the VIN.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hope your friend get her back.
Had my 65 fastback stolen a few years back in Culver City CA. I never got it back.

I feel like there really isn’t a way to prevent these cars from being stolen, and maybe just focus on recovery systems like lojack.. haven’t really found an affordable option that would let you track the car.

Good luck and I’ll keep my eye out in SoCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I am sorry to hear :)

My friends daily driver got stolen a couple of weeks ago. We posted a lot on Instagram about the car and someone saw the car two days later and called the cops. The car was in a good shape, only dirty.
I know some guys here are against FB, Instagram and so on, but I think social media is powerful and CAN be very helpful if used correctly.

Good luck finding the car.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
About a month ago, someone had their 69 Camaro stolen outside of their house in Bisbee, AZ. It was recovered a couple of days later when it was found stuck in the mud on a dirt road headed south to Mexico. That was a close call because once it's on the other side of the line, it's gone.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm not a big fan of reddit but it might help to also post there and crosspost to other relevant subreddits, ex: r/mustangs, r/losangeles, r/projectcars, r/cars

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
YEAH !!!!
Now, to add that disabler...
Encourage your friend to join VMF and search all the threads for Mustang anti-theft and locators. Good news, indeed.

Reactions: FrankieThe69Kid

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
That's great! I'd like to know the rest of the story...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Happy for you buddy.! That’s really good news.!

Josep

1 - 20 of 33 Posts