Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sit here typing this with tears streaming down my face. Why? Reading all the great posts and seeing all the wonderful pictures of the Pony Trail, Strokie's Bar-B-Q, track day and the Sunday show that I missed for the first time in 4 years. It sounds like everyone had a good time meeting up with the folks of VMF(except maybe Ken, and I can relate to the car problems :p).
Hopefully by next year I'll have a car to drive again (if my '71 resto gets started that is ::) and I won't be out of town on business (GOD---- OKLAHOMA is hot, humid, flat and sucks!!! :: ) Glad to hear a good time was had by all and nothing catastrophic as last years trail happened (that one still bothers me).

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Sorry Duane but, "YOU MISSED OUT HUGE!". ::
It was an awesome weekend! I'll never forget it. ::

You'll be okay. Find a nice clean corner, roll up into the fetal-position and wait for next year. ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sorry you missed it, Duane. It was fantastic! ::

I definately need you there for next year. My 72 was the only one of that style in our group and we need to show our fellow VMFer's what REAL Mustangs look like! :: :: ::

Uh oh... I think I hear..... INCOMING!!!! Hit the deck!!! :D :D ::

Steve

http://chezdajez.mypicgallery.com/stevesmach1/my-72-mach-1.jpg
My 72 Q Code Mach 1

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Cry Duane, cry buckets! Your tears are well warranted, this was a truly memorable round-up weekend.

Lookin forward to PNWVMF Trailer Trash 2.0 down in your neck of the woods next April!

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Slam Dan has voiced a challenge Duane. :: ::I would tell him that you will brake out the woopie cushions next year,Better yet tell Dan and only Dan that the theme is clowns with makup and RED noses. :: :D

Troyboy ;) By the way Dan ,The trailor trash came from your neck of the woods. :: :: :p

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.....I definately need you there for next year. My 72 was the only one of that style in our group and we need to show our fellow VMFer's what REAL Mustangs look like! :: :: ::..........
I would agree Steve, I only wish I had my '73 Mach still around. OH Well, the '71 may or not be done for next year, but I can always make other arrangements to attend.
Anyone need a navigator??? :) :) ::

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn Dan, now more tears flowing. I just noticed the picture link in your sig (the panorama one from 2003 Pony Trails---titled Coupe and 265 of its friends) and made the HUGE mistake of taking a look. If you start at the left with the white F-150 (lightning?) and count forward 4 cars in that line, the silver/blue '73 Mach 1 is my "baby" I sold last Labor Day.
OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALLL!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :(

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Yep, he makes "vroom-vroom" noises with the best of them! Keith captured that moment while moving my car over for the group shot at Ken's place! ::

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hey Amy, What does that mean???? Sounds like you may have to PM the answer ::

·
Registered
866 Posts
I feel the same way, after I saw all the pictures I was drooling all over the keyboard. I wanted to show up with my 66, but have not had time to finish the manifold installation and had to work anyway. An earlier two week vacation sorta tapped out the funds. :( I really want to meet some more VMF folks! The posts on this forum just crack me up. Great bunch of folks. Just remember their is always next year ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was at PT with my '73 fastback. Its a green "driver" with newer wheels, and crappy paint, 3/4 vinyl top and AVOCADO interior (can we say '70s???). I got big plans, but $ and time slow progress... In the meantime, I drive this car and wish PT occurred more than just once a year!

I'll have to make time to get on this board more frequently, get to know you all, and if I'm lucky, get to meet all of you in person at a get together or show.

Just wanted to show my support for the BIG BODY 'stangs. I'm 6'2" and 270, so the car "fits" me ::

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.