Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had an offical clocked wind storm of 79 MPR that lasted from almost 24 hours here in Nebraska. We had power poles down, trees landing on houses, steeple on a church knocked over, a building on one lane of the highway that passes through town, and even a idel train caboose car tipped over. But what happened at home just blew my mind. When I went outside to check my stuff in the morning, I observed that my Husky dog Balto who apperantly didnt feel safe in his nice dog house, had crawled under my 96 Bronco. From there I guess he just plain freaked out, he gutted the wire harness between the frame rail and the trans. He pulled it down, stripped the protective hard plastic off and pulled and chewed until half of the wires were broke. There were about 25 wires in there in all. No I didnt beat him but I was very put out. Had plans for the weekend but they also blew away. It took 2 hours to repair, had to replace sections that were missing, hopefully the wires dont corrode in the connectors, used a mile of electrical tape. No teacher, the dog didnt eat my home work, he just created more!

G

·
0 Posts
Incredable. Your lucky you were able to repair it that quickly from what you described.

http://members.tripod.com/tangdar/
'67 Coupe project car (Did I say project car? I meant pile of rust)
http://www.americainter.net/~fevans/tangdar_flintstone.jpg

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Your dog must have been awfully frightened to try to climb up into the Bronco chassis. If another bad storm comes, it might be best to bring the dog in, at least into the garage.

Glad to hear your dog's okay.

/forums/images/icons/blush.gifClick here to see free live bare topless Coppertonecam images./forums/images/icons/blush.gif
/forums/images/icons/smile.gifMy new 64 1/2 vert/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage.
You might want to think about using a better type of tape on your repair work. That plain electrical tape will only last so long. You should look into heat shrink tubing or there is another type that makes a permanent seal and of hand I can't remember the name of it.
Hey if there's another storm don't put the dog in the garage with the Mustang..
2 hours to splice all that back together..good job

Keep those Ponies rolling.. don't crush them!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts