Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Laurie, thought you and the other women on the forum might find this amusing. Today i was chatting it up with one of my college buddies on aim, hes an old car guy too. Apparently his gf riced out her honda in clashing colors and one of those "shopping cart" spoilers. Even had pink fuzzy dice against the green interior. Anyway, hes ranting about how he doesnt know if he can still date her after this and launches into a 10 minute speach about how women have absolutely no business having anything to do with car design. I let him finish up and then sent him a link to Troubles page and asked him what he thought of the car. He replied that it was one of the nicest fastbacks he has ever seen(not knowing who designed it of course). I then told him it was designed by woman old enough to be his mother(im guessing with the age there ;)). Anyway, he simply replied "oh" and didnt say anything for about 10 minutes and then signed off without saying a word :D.

p.s. I would just like to say that Trouble is by far one of my favorite cars on the forum. Its hard to believe that car came from a burnt out shell in the desert :p

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Thank you! That just made my day! ::

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
No, Thank you Laurie! Your one of my favorites, too.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Laurie is even nicer in person!!! I met her in Nashville, and she is a great person to talk to and has alot of great ideas for that car called "TROUBLE"

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Nice touch...letting him finish his speech! LOL!

When Elvis grows up, he wants to be at least HALF of what Trouble is! Thanks for the inspiration Laurie! I know I'll get there on that proverbial "Someday"!

K

·
0 Posts
Renee...your problem is that you need to stick with one project at a time. ::

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Too true. I can't pass up a good deal, and it's always been spring summer = truck time and fall winter = mustang time. At least one is done, and I got rid of one!

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,667 Posts
Ha! If you think about it, his girlfriend did nothing original. She was just following the current fads started no doubt by .... males. We have only ourselves to blame for her actions. Or really, considering the average age of a VMF member, we can just blame the tastless and widespread "rice" mods on our sons, nephews, and the neighbor's kid. ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts