Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have strange neighbors? So I am doing a brake job on my ‘65GTFB and open the garage door since it’s a nice night. Which I guess is an open invitation to drop by even with current events. My neighbor strolls in and proceeds to rub his hands all over the rotor I just installed and exclaimed I didn’t know they had disc brakes in ‘65! Grrr... Funny part was he high tailed it when I used brake cleaner saying don’t breathe that stuff, it’s bad. Works on neighbors I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
I DO have some strange neighbors, but not the kind that mess with my car. Thankfully. I would surely lose my job if I killed one of em.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,101 Posts
Funny story. When I first bought my car the tow truck operator asked if I wanted the car put right in the garage. I said no leave it outside I want to wash it down first. He said you better hurry up or you'll have every nut in the neighbourhood in your yard. He was right on the money. One such nut strolled in the garage one day while I was working on it. Before I could even say hello he was on his back checking out the bottom of the car and picking it apart. That was his last visit.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,727 Posts
Can’t see a neighbor, even with binoculars. If someone strolled into my garage it would be a very big surprise, for both parties.....

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I am afraid “I” am the strange neighbor. I live in a neighborhood where every other house has a golf cart. Saturday mornings they all have them out in the driveway washing them off...I, on the other hand, am pulling out old rusty Mustang doors to soak in Rust911/Evaporust and hose off.

·
Registered
835 Posts
My neighbors are all cool, but living in the city we have lots of tourists. Often when I have the Mustang parked out front and am washing it or whatever, a few tourists will come over and start talking about it. Usually the dad hightails it over as soon as he catches it, while the rest of the family is standing on the street corner with that look on their faces. Asian tourists love this thing and will stand around and take tons of pictures. I guess it is so iconic Americana. It’s usually fun, but when you’re trying to get stuff done, it gets a bit annoying. But I guess that’s what we signed up for....

·
Registered
744 Posts
I’ve got cool neighbors, and I don’t mind any of them coming by for a chat (although they don’t usually pop in unannounced or disrespect property). A new neighbor 2 houses down has several classics, so I imagine he will come by when my car gets back from paint. There’s also a 13 year old boy down the road who is very interested in cars and is going to be helping me with assembly. Having been in his shoes before, I know I would have loved to have an opportunity to help someone with their old car.

·
Dimples
4,838 Posts
My neighbor are good, all things considered. My biggest complaint is that one is REALLY chatty even though we have no common interests and he just loves his leaf blower. Still, a nice guy and I feel like a jerk for whining about it.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
A policeman and fireman directly across the street, Im on the aux list so I keep cool but I'm the weird one that has to do my weird things out back:(
Caddy corner is a young-ish redneck that rents. Fat slob doesn't know the difference between a driveway, the ditch and the yard! I'd evict for that alone! There is a carport that not once has he ever parked under.
Lucky thats all I know I guess.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I deliberately positioned my house out of sight of any neighbors, surrounded by woods. Some of neighbors are relatives, not bad. Got one meth head, almost 6 ft, 150 pounds that works all day and into the night...stays hopped up. Then there are the Amish.....gotta watch out for their buggies and buggy by products in the road. They do know how to grow good vegetables though and we like the rich fresh brown eggs.

·
Registered
952 Posts
My neighbor is an OK guy but is kinda weird. He fancies himself a smart mechanic. However, he goes by whatever he finds on the internet. His current "fleet" of 12 vehicles fills up his yards. He buys these cars and "tries" to repair them. He has 3 that should have the transmissions repaired, one that won't run now (he installed a running junk yard engine), 5 that barely run (possible engine work), 2 daily drivers and a son-in-laws pickup. He doesn't have the money or skills to fix most of them and refuses to sell some as parts cars to get the money. Most of them have been sitting for so long that they would need a lot more repairs now than the original issues.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I could write a book about one of my former neighbors. So glad when they moved.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
East side millennial neighbour paved over my property line and under my fence even though I showed him and the contractor the surveyors stakes and told them to respect the line.
I threatened to sue and they ended up to cut out a strip 75 feet by six inches of ashphalt.

Reactions: c6fastback

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have a rear-entry garage. I consider this a huge benefit. Nobody can see in if I have the doors open. If I pull the car out, you can barely see it from the street.

The downside is all the extra concrete that need to be shoveled when we get snow.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I’m probably the weird neighbor.

I don’t bother anybody but I mutter incoherently when I’m working on something and cuss loudly when it’s not going right. Of course you can’t hear any of that when I’m loudly listening to my death metal ;)

I’m not afraid of brake cleaner but it does give my skin a nasty rash. Therefore I try to avoid it.
Carb cleaner, I could bathe in that stuff :p

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
My nearest neighbor is about 800 feet away, but we're all friendly with each other. We have one neighbor (we all live on at least 5 acre plots of land in rural AZ) who wanted to put a pot farm right in the middle of all of us. We weren't happy with that with all the "improvements" that would have to be done to include security fencing and lighting, increased traffic on a dirt road that can barely handle what we have now, and the possibility of miscreants wanting to raid the farm for their buzz. We (the residents) ended up going to the County Supervisors three times to speak against her special use permit, and prevailed all three times. Not taking "No" for an answer, she starting harassing me and my wife to the point we filed criminal trespassing charges and and a restraining order against her. I guess she thought we were the ringleaders of the fight against her special use permit and targeted us. The County Attorney chose not to pursue the criminal charges, but the restraining order kept her away from us for this last year.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I am afraid “I” am the strange neighbor. I live in a neighborhood where every other house has a golf cart. Saturday mornings they all have them out in the driveway washing them off...I, on the other hand, am pulling out old rusty Mustang doors to soak in Rust911/Evaporust and hose off.
Same here, Friday night starting with open exhaust to load on the trailer, Saturday leaving the house at 4am and reversing the process on Sunday night, Then there is the test and tune.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts