Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just recently got a mustang that is being completely gutted and redone. The other day, we found a plate that was factory welded to a spot behind the grille. Everyone we’ve talked to doesn’t know what it could be so hopefully someone on here will have an idea. Sorry for the poor quality picture.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It sort of looks like a buck tag, but out of a later year Mustang. Hard to tell from that picture. I don’t know that much about 67s but I think they had the buck tag on the radiator support. Hopefully the smart people will be along soon.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Usually the BUC will include complete (or partial) VIN and other “as built” codes that will tie to engine, trans, rear, exterior body color, interior color/options. If it was a special build, the tag will also include specific codes for the build.

Take a better image of the BUC straight on so we can see the codes.

Depending on body year, the BUC tag was either screwed to the front of the radiator support, screwed to top L or R fender apron or could have been industrial stapled to the front radiator support - usually located behind the grille and/or close to a headlamp bucket.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I'm no Mustang body buck expert. I've never seen one look like yours. I've only seen this style ---

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
6,307 Posts
The tags seemed to vary in appearance and location according to what plant assembled the car.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
My 67 Dearborn tag is a warranty plate that was stamped on the backside..

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
That's not a body buck tag/plate.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.