Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,676 Posts
No doubt you've already discussed an engine for this car but I don't recall. So what are you planning on running in it? Btw, the SOT subs look great, nice welding job.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Looks really good. I see your using the weld in brackets for the longer lower links and are also spacing them in. Planning on running minitubs? If so what companies?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine is going to be a 331 Roller block with Trick flow heads 4bbl Holley..Not to sure about the rest but its going to be good handling driver with Street or Track full suspension..

I was going to go with MTF mini tubs but with all the time I have now I decided to make my own. Also you need a portion of the inner tub to weld to and I don’t have that so I made them wider to mate to the outer tub I also used a bit heavier steel. Have a buddy that has a laser at work so I made a pattern and he cut them out at work and I tig welded the pieces together. I also had to make the flange and still have to cut out and make the step to place the seat latch on the right side. I placed them in as far as I could so not to have to alter the interior.. Happy with it so far..

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Looks great! If you make a run of say 20 sets and price them reasonably, they will be gone!!!...we will have another Zray success story for one of our own! I thought with other mini tub kits you cut and sectioned an area of the rail more inboard? Your rails look unaltered..so how big a wheel and backspacing with what size tire were you planing? Kudos to you on your build, all aspects of that car are top notch...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its is right up against the frame in the back..and as I said I did not want to get into the interior so that tub is right up against the fiberglass side panel..Measure yours front back top middle and let me know as I don‘t have anything to go by but its much wider especially in the front..I though about having him cut out a few extras but I didn’t have enough material to do it and tig welding them together takes time..I bet I have almost a good day in them..

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Nice very nice. I've been eyeballing the MTF mini tubs as I don't want to mess with the interior. Guessing that with the SOT 3 link your going for the lower arm brackets at 40" on center?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts